UNR Student Health Center is a comprehensive healthcare facility dedicated to providing high-quality medical services to students at the University of Nevada, Reno. With a team of experienced healthcare professionals, the health center offers a wide range of services to meet the diverse needs of the student population.
The UNR Student Health Center provides a variety of healthcare services to meet the needs of students. Some of the services offered include:
The health center offers primary care services, including routine check-ups, immunizations, and treatment for common illnesses and injuries.
Mental Health Services
Students can access mental health services, including counseling and therapy, to address a range of emotional and psychological concerns.
The health center provides comprehensive women’s health services, including gynecological exams, contraceptive counseling, and reproductive health care.
Students can conveniently fill prescriptions and access over-the-counter medications at the health center’s on-site pharmacy.
The health center offers laboratory services, including blood tests and screenings, to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of various health conditions.
Health Education and Prevention
Students can access resources and educational materials on a variety of health topics to promote overall wellness and disease prevention.
1. How can I make an appointment at the UNR Student Health Center?
To make an appointment, you can call the health center or schedule one online through their website.
2. Are there any fees for the services provided?
Some services may have associated fees, but many services are covered by the student health fee.
3. Can I get my prescriptions filled at the health center?
Yes, the health center has an on-site pharmacy where you can fill your prescriptions.
4. Is the health center open during school breaks?
The health center may have limited hours during school breaks, so it’s best to check their website or call ahead for availability.
5. Can I receive mental health counseling at the health center?
Yes, the health center offers mental health counseling services to students.
6. Can I get tested for sexually transmitted infections at the health center?
Yes, the health center offers STI testing and treatment services.
7. Can I receive vaccinations at the health center?
Yes, the health center provides vaccinations for various preventable diseases.
8. Are there any resources available for health education?
Yes, the health center offers resources and educational materials on various health topics to promote student wellness.
– Convenient location on campus
– Experienced and friendly healthcare professionals
– Comprehensive range of services
– On-site pharmacy for easy access to medications
– Accessible to students with various insurance plans
– Schedule appointments in advance to secure a convenient time slot
– Take advantage of the health center’s mental health services for support and guidance
– Utilize the health center’s resources and educational materials to stay informed about your health
The UNR Student Health Center is a valuable resource for students at the University of Nevada, Reno, offering a wide range of healthcare services to meet their needs. From primary care to mental health services, the health center is dedicated to promoting student wellness and ensuring access to high-quality medical care. With convenient on-campus location and experienced healthcare professionals, the health center provides students with the support and resources they need to maintain their health and well-being throughout their college journey.